Seeking Submissions for the 2018 Summer Issue of Isis-Seshat Journal on the Theme of “Spiritual Alliances with the Animal, Plant, and Mineral Kingdoms”
Deadline: Friday, July 6
Anticipated Release Date: Monday, July 23
Many of us who engage with the Sacred in Polytheistic, Pagan, or Animist ways maintain a “this-world” focus, believing that we can enlist the aid of helping spirits from the world around us in our Work. But what does that mean, exactly? How do you know when your pet cat, for example, takes on a role greater than that of household companion and aids you in your ritual magic?
What about the relationships you have with the plants that fuel your herb magic—how did you initially cultivate those relationships? What guideposts signaled to you that you were on the right path? How do you maintain those relationships with those plant spirits?
Those are the issues I’d like to explore in the Summer 2018 issue of Isis-Seshat journal, a quarterly journal of the worldwide is open to contributions from all theistic Pagans, Polytheists, animists, shamans, spirit-workers, and related magical practitioners besides FOI members (clergy and laity).
Content suggestions may include, but certainly aren’t limited to, the following:
- Personal discovery essays, i.e., how you came to cultivate these Allyships
- Incorporating the use of crystals or other minerals in energetic healing practices
- The history and the role of the Familiar in Witchcraft traditions, and how your practices continue those traditions
- Working with the Fae
- Guided meditations in forming various Allyships with spirits of the land or sacred beasts
So those are some ideas that merit exploring in this upcoming Summer issue of Isis-Seshat. However, I will also gladly accept any of the following:
- Reports of Summer Solstice (Northern Hemisphere) or Winter Solstice (Southern Hemisphere) group or solitary rituals
- Announcements of any special events, clergy ordinations, etc. from any FOI Lyceums or Iseums
- Original works or art / photography tied to the issue’s theme
Again, those are just some suggestions to get you writing!
As always, here’s my laundry list of criteria for acceptable content:
- Essays, articles, poetry, meditations, electronic images of artwork that are yours, not someone else’s—you retain full copyright of your work.
- If your pieces have been previously published elsewhere, that’s okay—just say so (identify where and provide the copyright date).
- There is no word count limit. Previously published essays/articles have ranged from 1,000-4,000 words.
- Please use MLA style when citing references.
- The preferred format for written material is MS Word; kindly don’t send me PDFs.
- The preferred format for digital art is JPEG or .TIF; please ensure it’s a high-res file (minimum of 300 x 600 dpi).
The deadline is Friday, July 6, 2018, and the anticipated release date is Monday, July 23.
This Call for Submissions is open to all Polytheists and theistic Pagans, irrespective of which cultural pantheon one’s honored Powers derive from—i.e., you don’t have to be a devotee of the Kemetic Neteru (i.e., the Gods of Ancient Egypt) to contribute content to Isis-Seshat journal.
I sadly am not in the position to financially compensate Isis-Seshat contributors. All contributors will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine. If you have any questions, please email me at jackalmoondesigns at gmail dot com.
I look forward to hearing from you! Blessings in the name of Isis-Seshat, Goddess of Writing! May She always render you True of Voice!